7 Facts & Figures about Co-Working
We are thrilled to announce the official opening of the F10 FinTech Co-Working Space! Co-working offers many advantages: less distraction than working from public cafés, scalability of desks and meeting rooms as well as easy access to relevant business networks, exciting industry events and like-minded people. We have put together seven facts and figures about co-working and its increasing importance.
2018 was the year of technology Startups in Switzerland: new companies in ICT and FinTech achieved 685 million Swiss francs of investment – which is 120 percent more than in the previous year. It was the first time that ICT and FinTech Startups received more investments than their counterparts in Life Sciences! Zurich being the financial centre of Switzerland has seen the quickest rise in the number of FinTech Startups in the country. As of February 2019, there were 316 FinTech Startups in Switzerland with a high concentration in Zurich.
F10 as THE HOME OF FINTECH opened the F10 FinTech Co-Working Space designed especially for the needs of growing FinTech, InsurTech and RegTech Startups in April 2019 in Zurich! We have 60 workplaces on 500 square meters to rent out, ranging from single variable desks to your own desk with the opportunity to have privacy in small teams. The F10 FinTech Co-Working Space is located in the heart of Switzerland’s innovation hub and can be easily accessed by public transport from both within and outside of Zurich.
On the occasion of the opening of the F10 FinTech Co-Working Space, we have put together seven facts about co-working:
- By the end of 2018, there were almost 19’000 co-working spaces worldwide, as stated on the statistics platform Statista and according to the Global Coworking Unconference Conference (GCUC) – the largest co-working conference series in the world – this number is expected to rise to 49’500 until the end of 2022.
F10 has recognized the need for scalable office space in Zurich and opened the F10 FinTech Co-Working Space designed especially for the needs of growing FinTech, InsurTech and RegTech Startups in April 2019!
- The research and consulting firm Emergent Research, GCUC and the co-working experts from the Office Nomads community conducted a survey about the role that work-related networking plays in co-working. 82 percent of respondents reported that co-working has expanded their professional networks.
F10 as THE HOME OF FINTECH aims to tighten the bonds within the FinTech ecosystem and bring innovative entrepreneurs, established financial institutions, potential investors, future customers and industry experts even closer together with the opening of the F10 FinTech Co-Working Space.
- Four in five co-workers interviewed reported that they turn to other members at the co-working space for help or guidance.
As THE HOME OF FINTECH, F10 aims to give access and to extend the vibrant FinTech ecosystem. For the existing and potential F10 community to benefit the most from the various stakeholders, we are offering work and collaboration space for FinTech enthusiasts. Key representatives from banks, insurance companies and consulting firms are regular guests at F10. Startup entrepreneurs thus have the chance to brainstorm and get feedback on their products or services from industry experts at the F10 FinTech Co-Working Space. Part of our mission is to support ambitious and inspiring Startups growing. The entrepreneurs at the F10 FinTech Co-Working Space can invite one of the F10 Startup Coaches, experts or mentors to a free coffee to share ideas or to get valuable feedback from brilliant minds around the corner.
- 64 percent of remote workers said their co-working networking was an important source of work and business referrals.
FinTech, RegTech and InsurTech entrepreneurs have the opportunity to meet future clients, potential investors and new business partners at the F10 FinTech Co-Working Space.
- According to an article on “Harvard Business Review”, co-working can “substantially reduce the isolation and loneliness associated with remote work”. 83 percent of the co-working space members interviewed by Emergent Research, GCUC and Office Nomads had reported that they felt less lonely since joining a co-working space and 87 percent of respondents said that they meet other workers for social reasons.
We regularly host events at F10 inviting key players, enthusiasts and experts from within the Swiss FinTech, RegTech and InsurTech Ecosystem. Members of the F10 FinTech Co-Working Space can therefore engage with potential customers in a social setting.
- Researchers from the University of Michigan found that co-workers report significantly higher levels of thriving than people working in traditional offices.
The F10 FinTech Co-Working Space is more than just an inspiring and stylish office, it is the place where the FinTech ecosystem comes together and collaborates to innovate the finance industry!
- Most co-working members (84 percent) in the survey by Emergent Research, GCUC and Office Nomads reported that working in a co-working space improved their work engagement and motivation.
Members of the F10 FinTech Co-Working Space have fast and easy access (mostly free) to exciting events and education opportunities ranging from speeches about entrepreneurship, FinTech or Blockchain to networking events.